Table of Contents
Metro PCS Payments can be easily made online, by phone, through the mail, or at authorized payment centers. It is important to note that depending on the payment method chosen, you may or may not be charged a “convenience fee” to process the payment. In this article we will show 9 options to make MetroPCS payments, among which you will find information on how to pay Metro PCS online. In addition, we will answer some of the most frequently asked questions and clarify your doubts regarding the payment process.
Today we’ll show you how to make a payment for Metro PCS and go over several common questions people have regarding the payment process. The purpose of this article is also to clear up any confusion in the payment process (metropcspaybill).
Table of Content
- How to pay Metro PCS: 9 options
- How to pay Metro PCS online: eWallet – Free of charge
- How to pay Metro PCS online: Text to Pay – Free of charge
- How to pay Metro PCS online: Automatic Payment – No Fee
- How to pay Metro PCS online: Express Checkout – Free of charge
- How to pay for Metro PCS by mail – Free of charge
- How to Pay Metro PCS in Person – Drop Box – No Fee
- How to Pay Metro PCS by Phone in Spanish – Through the Automated System – $2 Convenience Fee
- How to Pay Metro PCS in Person – At a Pay Machine – $2 Convenience Fee
- How to Pay Metro PCS in Person – Over the Counter – $3 Convenience Fee
- Options to pay Metro PCS
- When should payments be made?
- What happens when I miss a payment? o What happens when I make a payment 30 days late? What is the grace period for Metro PCS?
- Are there any Metro PCS late payment charges or fees? How can I make a payment on a suspended account?
- What if I want to change the cycle date on my Metro PCS account? What is a Bill Cycle Reset?
- Why haven’t I received a paper bill from Metro PCS?
- I want a paper invoice, how can I get it?
- Where can I find the location of a Metro PCS Pay Machine?
- How can I avoid service interruption? Can I put money in my Metro PCS account to avoid interruption?
- How do I get an itemized Metro PCS bill summary?
- What is a Metro PCS Convenience Charge?
- Where can I find a Metro PCS Drop Box location?
- How long does it take for Metro PCS to process a payment?
- Can I pay a lower amount?
- Will I be charged a bill from Metro PCS if I do not pay?
- How do I pay someone else’s Metro PCS payment/bill?
- I have a Metro PCS Family Plan, how can I pay for just one of the phones?
- How to pay Metro PCS online
- How to speak with a Metro PCS representative
How to pay Metro PCS: 9 options
How to pay Metro PCS online: eWallet – Free of charge
Essentially, an eWallet account is a secure electronic wallet. Credit cards and funds can be managed from the eWallet account, and can be used to pay your Metro PCS account online . The eWallet account can also be used to add funds to your MetroConnect account, which can be used to purchase applications, ringtones, and more. To sign up for an eWallet account, simply go to metropcs.com and select “My Account.” Once you register in “My Account”, you can easily create your own secure electronic wallet.
How to Pay Metro PCS Online: Text to Pay – No Fee
An alternative, easy and secure way to make a Metro PCS payment is to add a debit or credit card to your Metro PCS eWallet service, and simply text PAYNOW (729669) to pay.
How to pay Metro PCS online: Automatic Payment – No Fee
This method involves setting up a recurring debit or credit card payment and having it automatically deducted five days before the payment is due each month. The auto pay feature can be created using the online MyAccount feature at metropcs.com or can be set up over the phone or at select authorized dealer locations.
How to Pay Metro PCS Online: Express Checkout – No Fee
Metro PCS payments can be made online through the Express Pay Option. Just go to metropcs.com and click on the “Manage & Pay” option. You can use express mode or you can log into your Metro PCS customer account to pay the bill . Sign in here.
How to Pay Metro PCS by Mail – No Fee
Payments can also be made by mail by sending a check or money order directly to the Metro PCS payment location. Mail payments to: MetroPCS Wireless, Inc. PO Box 5119 Carol Stream, IL 60197-5119. It’s free to pay by mail.
How to Pay Metro PCS in Person – Drop Box – No Fee
A check or money order can be delivered at an authorized drop box station . However, this form of payment is not available at all Metro PCS stores.
How to Pay Metro PCS by Phone in Spanish – Through the Automated System – $2 Convenience Fee
Payments can be made by dialing *99 from the Metro PCS phone or by calling customer service at 1-888-863-8768. Normally, there is a $2.00 convenience fee to pay by phone.
When you call that number, you will hear a voice in English, but if you want to pay for Metro PCS in Spanish, press the number 9 after hearing the welcome.
How to Pay Metro PCS in Person – At a Pay Machine – $2 Convenience Fee
Payments can be made in cash, by credit or debit card at an authorized payment machine . The phone number and personal identification number (PIN) are required to pay the bill. This is not available at all Metro PCS stores. Metro PCS payment machines are normally only available at Metro PCS corporate stores.
How to Pay Metro PCS in Person – Over the Counter – $3 Convenience Fee
Payments can be made directly in cash at the register, by debit or credit card at an authorized payment center. If you pay the bill at a store “over the counter” there is a convenience fee of $3.00.
Options for paying Metro PCS
|Payment locations||How to pay||Price per transaction / convenience fee||Metro PCS payment applied (time)|
|Automatic payment||Set up an Auto Pay by contacting Metro Customer Service. Simply dial *611 from the Metro PCS phone or call 1.888.8metro8||Free – No Charge||This will take the funds from your credit card on file approximately 5 days prior to the bill due date.|
|Online Pay Your Bill Link||Express online payment||Free – No Charge||Within (2) two hours|
|Telephone||* 99||It will cost you $2.00 to pay the bill for the wireless service; But adding funds to MetroConnectSM is free||Within (2) two hours|
|Mail payments to: MetroPCS Wireless, Inc.
PO Box 5119
Carol Stream, IL 60197-5119
|Free – No Charge||within 7-10 days|
|Place of payment: authorized dealer||On the counter||$3.00||Within (2) two hours|
|Place of payment: machine in payment box||Payment machine (available at most metro pcs corporate stores)||$2.00||Within (2) two hours|
|Place of payment: mailbox||Drop box at MetroPCS stores (not available at all locations, available at most corporate stores).||Free – No Charge||within 48 hours|
MetroPCS payments: How to pay Metro PCS online (FAQ)
When are payments due?
Metro PCS payments are due on the same date each month, which is typically the same date the phone is activated. For example, if you activated your phone on March 10, then your payment will be on the 10th or a few days before each month to avoid service interruption. If you don’t know when your payment is due, you can contact Metro PCS by dialing 611 from your Metro PCS phone or by calling 1-888-863-8768. Additionally, Metro PCS sends text message reminders when payment is due.
What happens when I miss a payment? o What happens when I make a payment 30 days late? What is the grace period for Metro PCS?
- Metro PCS temporarily suspends phone service until payment is made . You have a 30-day suspension period to make a payment to restore your service. If payment is made within the first 30 days of the suspension period, Metro PCS will simply reactivate service. However, if you pay your bill late, don’t expect to receive a full month of service. Even if you’re late, your subsequent bill is due on the same day each month. Please read below for more information on resetting the Billing Cycle.
- The following example illustrates the point above: Sally has Metro PCS service and her bill is due on April 10. Sally was unable to make the payment on the 10th, so her service was temporarily suspended. On April 15, Sally makes the payment so her service is restored after 5 days of being out of service. Sally’s bill is still due on the 10th of each month. Therefore, your next month’s bill is for May 10, not May 15. This happens only 25 (twenty-five) days away. Therefore, Sally is not going to receive a full month of service because she paid the bill late.
- If payment is not made within the 30-day suspension period, then the service will be terminated and the phone number will be forfeited. So make sure you pay your bill on time.
- A payment cannot be made 30 days late because by then the service will have been canceled and the number will have been lost.
Are there any fees or charges for late payment from Metro PCS? How can I make a payment on a suspended account?
- Currently, Metro PCS does not charge a fee if payment is made after the due date. The only late “charge” is days lost for paying the bill late.
- As long as the phone is not canceled, making a payment on a suspended account is the same as making a payment on a non-suspended account. The table that we have shown you previously, gives information about the different ways in which you can make a Metro PCS payment.
- A payment cannot be made after 30 days because by then the service will have been canceled and the number confiscated.
What if I want to change the cycle date on my Metro PCS account? What is a Bill Cycle Reset?
- Metro PCS offers a Bill Cycle Reset program that allows customers the option to reset payment due. In order for customers to qualify for the Billy Cycle Reset, their service must be off for at least 7 days but no more than 30 days. (If it is turned off for more than 30 days, the service is permanently disconnected). There is a $5 fee to perform a Bill Cycle Reset. The new due date will be the date the service is paid for, that is, as long as the payment is made within the 30-day suspension period. So, if you want to change your Metro PCS payment due date, then perform a Bill Cycle reset.
Why haven’t I received a paper bill from Metro PCS?
- Metro PCS offers unlimited talk, text, data and Internet. The bill amount is the same each month unless the customer chooses to change plans. Therefore, it is a waste of paper and resources for Metro PCS to send out a paper bill each month explaining how much the bill is due. In order to remind customers when their bill is due, Metro PCS sends text message reminders.
I want a paper invoice, how can I get it?
- In some cases, customers want a paper bill for their own personal records. In this case, call Customer Service and ask to receive the bill on paper. You may have to pay an extra $1-$2 each month to receive a paper bill.
Where can I find the location of a Metro PCS Pay Machine?
- Metro PCS payment machines are usually located in Metro PCS corporate stores. If you go to the official metropcs.com website, you can use the store locator to find these Metro PCS corporate stores . Otherwise, if you go to any authorized Metro PCS dealer, they may also be able to pay your Metro PCS bill.
How can I avoid service interruption? Can I put money in my Metro PCS account to avoid interruption?
- If you pay your account on or before the due date then you will avoid interruption of service.
The only way to avoid interruption of service is to pay the account in full.
How do I get an itemized Metro PCS bill summary?
- Since Metro PCS has unlimited service, the bill will always be the same. Therefore, there is no need to send a detailed summary of the bill to the house. However, if you want a breakdown of the costs on your invoice, you can go to an authorized dealer or call customer service to request one. If you want a summary of all the numbers that have been called, you need to sign up for Call Detail. Call Detail is a $1 monthly service that gives you online access to all calls made from your phone. Just call customer service at 1-888-8Metro8 to add these options.
What is a Metro PCS Convenience Charge?
- A Metro PCS Convenience Fee is one that is collected when a Metro PCS payment is made at a payment machine, authorized dealer, or over the phone. Payments made by mail, check, money order, drop box, or online are free of charge. Convenience fees are around $2 to $3.
Where can I find a Metro PCS Drop Box location?
- Metro PCS drop boxes are usually located at Metro PCS corporate stores. If you go to the official metropcs.com website, you can use the branch locator to find these Metro PCS corporate stores.
How long does it take for Metro PCS to process a payment?
- The table above gives the estimated time required to process a payment for each payment method. Metro PCS usually has very good payment processing times. It only takes a couple of minutes whether you pay online, at an authorized dealer, at a payment machine, or by phone. However, in the worst case it can take up to 2 hours. If payment is made at a drop box by check or money order, payment may take up to 48 hours. If a payment is made by mail, it can take anywhere from a couple of days to a week, depending on how the mail was sent.
Can I pay a smaller amount?
- There is no minimum amount you can pay from your Metro PCS bill. Some people pay part of the bill early and then pay the rest later. Just keep in mind that making a partial payment does not prevent the phone from being suspended for late payment or reactivated if the phone was already suspended for late payment . At one time, Metro PCS offered a weekly or bi-weekly bill payment plan, this service may not yet be available in all areas. If you call customer service directly, they may be able to answer this question more accurately. The customer service phone number is 1-888-8Metro8.
Will I be charged a bill from Metro PCS if I don’t go through?
- If a credit/debit card was charged online or over the phone, but the payment was not applied to the account, then all you have to do is contact customer service and have the payment successfully applied to the account. If a credit/debit card was charged twice, you can still call customer service and have them correct the problem. Metro PCS is very good at solving this type of situation. Just make sure you provide the correct phone number when paying a bill through these types of systems. The customer service phone number is 1-888-8Metro8.
How do I pay someone else’s Metro PCS payment/bill?
- Paying someone else’s bill is as easy as paying your own bill. You can pay online using any of the options listed above, by phone, at an authorized dealer, by mail, etc. The table we have included above gives more information about the different payment methods offered by Metro PCS.
I have a Metro PCS Family Plan, how can I pay for just one of the phones?
- If you have a family plan with Metro PCS, you can’t just pay one bill and not the other. Unless you call customer service and separate the lines on your own account. Keep in mind that you will lose any family plan discounts when you separate lines. Metro PCS offers a $5 discount for each line on the basic family plan. When you split a line from a family plan, usually the split line would have to be paid for right away to avoid any service interruption.
How to pay Metro PCS online
You can make the Metro PCS payment through the Metropcs.com website, if you have already registered to access your account online. But if you are not the MetroPCS.com account holder, you will need to go to the page and register.
For more up-to-date information, please visit the official Metro website at metropcs.com and be sure to read the terms and conditions at metropcs.com/terms
Metro PCS is one of the most popular mobile phone companies right now. Did you know it’s possible to make a Metro PCS online bill payment from the convenience of your computer?
The rates offered by Metro PCS are going to save you many dollars compared to the rates of other larger phone companies. Rate plans start at $40 per month for unlimited local calls. Other national carriers charge up to $40 for just a fraction of the minutes. An excellent option to save money is to go to these small companies. Here is a complete list of Metro PCS online payment methods.
Make sure you know how much your Metro PCS online bill is due. If you know your monthly Metro PCS bill payment amount, then you’re ready to pay your bill online . Metro PCS will also send you the amount due on your cell phone bill once a month in a text message. Do not delete the text message if you do not know what the monthly amount to pay for your cell phone is.
If you missed this text message, you can always call a Metro PCS store and ask them for your bill amount so you can make your Metro PCS payment online. If you want a real account statement of the cell phone account then it will be necessary to call Customer Service at 1.888.8metro.8 and request it. Please note that itemized billing will cost you $1/month if you choose to receive information electronically. A paper summary bill is also available for $2/month.
Once you know how much your Metro PCS bill is, you’ll need to go online to pay your bill. Go to the main Metro PCS website to start paying your bill online . Click inside the button on the right hand side of the main Metro PCS website that says Pay Your Bill.
This will take you to a new page where you will have to choose from multiple different ways to pay. You can have Metro PCS collect your monthly bill from a credit or debit card each month, or you can use Express Pay which allows you to make a one-time payment.
Once you’ve chosen how you want to pay your Metro PCS wireless bill, you’ll need to enter your credit or debit card information. Enter the amount you are paying Metro PCS online and click accept . Metro PCS will charge your card for the chosen amount and give you a receipt to print.
Be sure to print this receipt in case something goes wrong. If your wireless phone doesn’t work after paying your Metro PCS bill online, go to any Metro PCS office and present your payment receipt.
How to speak with a Metro PCS representative
If you need to speak to a Metro PCS customer service representative, you need to dial 1-888-863-8768 and then press option 9. The system will immediately ask for your phone number.
To speak to a live agent, you have to say “I don’t have an account” or press 1, then say “Tell me about Metro”, then say “Tell me more” and stay on the line (typical wait time is 1 to 5 minutes).
You can also use the other options available in the customer service telephone menu:
- Enter your 10-digit Metro phone number starting with the area code. If you don’t know your number, press 1.
- If your phone has been lost or damaged, press 2.
- If you are new to Metro and do not have an account yet, press 3.