AdSense is a Google program for website publishers who want to earn revenue from advertising on your sites. Once you have been approved for a Google AdSense account, you can use this account to post notices on any of your personal or business websites, assuming that these sites comply with Google AdSense terms and conditions. Although not mandatory, adding a URL channel (for its Uniform Resource Locator) to your AdSense account for each website will make it easier to track your advertising revenue. You can also use custom channels to group your ads by design or location on multiple websites.
Adding URL channels
- Open a new browser window and access your Google AdSense account. Click on the “My Notices” tab at the top of the page.
- Select “URL Channels” from the Content section in the left menu.
- Click on the “New URL channel” button. A new window will open.
- Write the URL of each of your websites in the text box, placing each one on a separate line. You can add up to 500 URL channels. Click the “Add URL channels” button when you have finished adding channels. Once you have placed your notices on these websites, your AdSense report will generate the number of impressions, clicks and revenue received by each website.
Adding custom channels
- Select “Custom Channels” from the Content section of the left menu, if you want to follow ad groups on a website or on multiple sites. For example, you can use a channel for all advertisements, all ads on pages with similar content, or all ads with the same color scheme, etc.
- Click on the “New custom channel” button. Type a name for the channel in the “Name” field. Select all the warning units that you have already created from the list to add them to the channel.
- Click on the “Save” button. You can create up to 500 custom channels. Once you’ve added notices to a channel, your AdSense report will show the impressions, clicks and revenue received for each personalized channel.
Add message units
- Click on the “Ad units” link in the Content section of your AdSense page.
- Click on the “New warning unit” button at the top of the page.
- Type a name for the warning unit in the “Name” text field, to help you identify this notice and differentiate it from others you have created.
- Click on the “Warning size” menu to select a size. Click on the “Message type” menu to select text, image or both.
- Select one or more custom channels for the unit, if desired.
- Set the style of your ad by selecting one of the styles shown or by clicking on “Use custom settings” to define your own style.
- Click on the “Save and get code” button.
- Copy the code provided and paste it wherever you want, on any page of your websites that meets Google AdSense terms, conditions and policies.