Table of Contents
No matter what you need: transfer credit from one social security to another, find out how to get an ITIN number or verify your tax return, there is always a good excuse to call the IRS phone number, especially when the season approaches of taxes.
After all, the types of taxes in the United States are already complicated by themselves to obtain information in a language that you do not master 100%. The IRS telephone services for Spanish-speaking taxpayers are completely free and, to help you, we leave them in this article.
- IRS phone number
- Internal revenue service phone for services
- What can I do through the IRS phone Number
- Best time to call the IRS phone number
- How can I communicate with an IRS representative in Spanish?
- State Tax Help – Phone Numbers
IRS phone number
If you want to communicate with a representative of the Internal Revenue Service, call the IRS telephone number in Spanish 1-800-829-1040 option 8 within its working hours: Monday through Friday, from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. local (if you are within the United States) or between 8:00 am to 8:00 pm if you are in Puerto Rico.
Remember that, to make inquiries, claims or questions; you will have to verify your identity. To do this, the IRS could ask you for one, two or more of the following information:
- Date of birth
- American Social Security
- EIN number (Employer Identification Number)
- Information about the last tax return
- Individual taxpayer identification ( ITIN number )
- Any other tax identification number ( Tax ID Number )
- Information about the latest notices, notifications or correspondence sent by the IRS
Internal revenue service phone for services
Calling the IRS phone number in Spanish IRS can help you with a host of issues related to paying or filing taxes, from the due date to file your taxes to how long it takes for your refund to arrive. We leave you a table with all the telephone numbers of the Spanish IRS divided by service:
|IRS phone number|
|Spanish IRS Service Type||IRS phone number in Spanish||Business hours|
|Taxpayer Assistance and Care for the Hearing Impaired (TTY)||TTY: 1-800-829-4059||Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time|
|Obtain tax information on inheritances, gifts and donations||1-866-699-4083||Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. EST|
|Contact the Taxpayer Defense Service||1-877-777-4778||Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time|
|Get or find the Tax ID of your business, receive information on how to payroll yourself, among others.||1-800-829-4933||Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time|
|Request delivery of IRS forms and publications||1-800-829-3676||Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time|
|Check the status of your refund||1-800-829-4477||Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time|
|Pay taxes with a credit card||1-888-972-9829
|Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time|
|Track unemployment refund, find out what days the IRS deposits, etc.||1-800-829-1954||Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time|
|Report that the stimulus check was written for an incorrect amount||1-800-919-9835||Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. local time|
|Learn how to file delinquent taxes, how to make an amendment, or get help filling out and filing Schedule C and any other IRS individual or joint return forms||1-800-829-1040||Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time|
|Find tax clinics for free tax advice and information||1-800-906-9887||Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. local time|
|Report that you were a victim of identity theft||1-800-908-4490||Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time|
|Get help filing corporation, partnership, or small business taxes, such as filing Schedule k-1||1-800-829-4933||Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time|
|Information and assistance for taxpayers who do not live in the United States or the application of taxes to foreigners||1-267-941-1000||Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST|
|Schedule an appointment with the IRS||1-844-545-5640||Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time|
|Report being a victim of tax fraud or reporting a lost refund check||1-800-829-1954||Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time|
What can I do through the IRS phone number?
The IRS telephone service will provide you with truthful, up-to-date information in your own language in relation to any topic that has to do with federal taxes.
Although you can use the Internal Revenue Service call center to resolve various matters, it is important that you know that you also have other alternatives, such as:
- Track your refund online using the Where’s My Refund tool?
- Check the status of your amended return using the online tool Where’s My Amended Return?
- Find out where your stimulus check is through the Get My Payment web app
- Use the Internal Revenue Service’s free tax preparation program IRS Free File as long as your gross income was less than $69,000.
- Visit the nearest local IRS office (Taxpayer Assistance Center). Remember that you must first call 1-844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment. If you want to know which office is closest to your home, use the IRS locator tool.
Best time to call the IRS phone number
The best time of day to call the IRS phone number varies depending on the season :
- During tax season, the wait time varies from 15 to 29 minutes, being longer on Mondays and Tuesdays or throughout the month of April. We recommend you call on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 8:00 am to get fast and accurate service.
- Outside of tax season, wait times range from 27 to 44 minutes, with Mondays and Tuesdays being the busiest days. We recommend you call on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 8:00 am to reduce the waiting time.
How can I communicate with an IRS representative in Spanish?
To speak with an IRS representative in Spanish and save yourself a lot of waiting time, dial the Spanish IRS phone number 1-800-829-1040 option 8 and follow this step-by-step :
- Do not select the real reason for your call. Instead, choose “Individual Income Tax” ( option 2 ).
- Dial 1 to go to payment history. Listen to the automated system message and then dial 2.
- The system will ask for your Social Security number or EIN. Don’t enter it! Thus, you will access a new options menu.
- Listen carefully to the IRS message and check the corresponding option. For example, to get help with your taxes, you can select option 2.
If you followed all of these steps, the system will automatically connect you with an IRS representative in Spanish. Remember to have at hand all the information related to the reason for your consultation and a couple of personal documents so that the agent can verify your identity.
State Tax Help – Phone Numbers
If you need help or have doubts about the date or method of filing your state taxes, don’t despair! We leave you a guide with all the telephone numbers of the United States Tax Departments by state. There you can find a representative who answers questions such as how much is taxed in California or what is the deduction for state and local taxes:
|Telephone numbers of the United States Tax Departments|