A minimum viable product is the version of a product that includes a series of fundamental characteristics to quickly know the response of the market to which it is aimed.
The objective of a viable minimum product is to avoid creating a large number of products that do not satisfy the public it is intended for. Creating a product with these characteristics that serves to know a quick response from the public will be of great help to validate this article and the process to carry it out.
It is not a quick process in terms of development, since feedback and collaboration by the public with which the testing is done is necessary to know the acceptance it is having.
Instead of creating a whole chain for the launch of a product, or generating a Online store if we talk about the digital world, it is about creating a prototype. Or, at least, a minimum circulation of that article to know if consumers would really be willing to pay for it, or what improvements could be made and changes if they did not.
How to create a minimum viable product?
These are the most important steps to follow for the implementation:
- The first thing is to meet the ideal client to which the product is directed. It would not make sense to launch a product without knowing the tastes, and desires of the audience it is intended for.
- Know what you are doing the competition. You have to value the products they have in the market, prices, advertising messages they are carrying out.
- Develop the minimum viable product with the minimum characteristics that will need to be tested, and tested by customers.
- Creation of a video It is a technique to show the product, how it would be, the functionalities it has and is often used when the items are very expensive to produce. Digital platforms are used to launch the video, and social networks to invite to test and also evaluate the opinions that arise after viewing.
- Landing page A specific website is carried out to talk about the product, its benefits, characteristics, advantages, images, among other issues. In this way it is intended to show that website to the potential public to value their opinion. To promote it you can resort to campaigns SEM, and promotions on social networks.
- Email Marketing It is another of the options that are usually used, the questionnaires are sent by email to customers to give their opinion about the product and collect that information to be valued later.
- Mockups Another alternative that exists is the creation of models when items are excessively expensive to produce. Pilot floors, or cars are examples within this option. Presentations are made, and viewings for a certain group of potential clients.
- A / B test. It is an option that is usually carried out frequently within the campaigns that are broadcast on social networks, or on google. Two types of messages, or different images about a product, are offered to different users who must choose one. The data is then analyzed, including the areas of those tests that most caught attention as a link, or concrete image that can also be discovered thanks to heat maps.