Table of Contents
The practice of the call performance evaluation It’s not new, from the moment the man delegate One job to another, that job began to be evaluated.
For years, administrators focused on machine efficiency, as a central point to increase productivity, this theory failed to solve the obstacle of increasing the efficiency. From the beginning of the humanization of the administration and the emergence of the school of human relations, a new approach emerged and the attention of the administrators became the worker.
The aspects previously in front of the machine, passed in front of the man emerging some investigations so that the performance evaluation reach benefits for the worker, supervisor and the company.
What is a performance evaluation?
It is an instrument used to check the level of scope and fulfillment of the objectives at the individual level, allowing an objective, systematic and comprehensive measurement of the professional conduct of an employee, in addition to the performance and achievement of the results thereof. In other words, observe what the employee is, does and achieves.
It is worth noting that this is a periodic and systematic process, in advance what is to be evaluated is established, the way in which it is going to be evaluated and a limit or period of time is established, whether annual or semi-annual.
In the same way, this systematization is important since it establishes standard norms for all evaluators, reducing the risk and influence of prejudices and their personal perceptions.
The performance evaluation It is useful not only to measure the efficiency of the employee, it also allows to determine the existence of inconveniences regarding the integration of an employee, identifies the insufficiencies and problems of the evaluated worker, captures their strengths, capacities, possibilities and opportunities for improvement.
Scope of performance evaluation
Through a adequate performance evaluation, different workers can be valued in order to continue their work within the company in the best possible way, this activity is important as it allows the improvement of relations between subordinates and their superiors, also improving the results of the resource Company human.
Other scopes of an adequate performance evaluation are:
- Provides basic information for the operation of the human resources department.
- Promotes and stimulates greater productivity.
- Reach an estimate of the potential of workers.
- By functioning as a tool at the service of human resources management, its results are useful for developing and improving other programs.
- Measure the suitability of an individual for the job.
- It serves as a guideline for training, promotions and salary incentives.
Fundamental objectives when developing an evaluation
- It facilitates conditions to measure human potential in order to determine its full and optimal use.
- Admit that the human resource be treated as true competitive advantage, given that the productivity of the company can be developed according to the form of the administration.
- It facilitates the conditions for the effective participation of all members within the organization, in consideration of its individual objectives and providing growth opportunities.
What is evaluated in a performance evaluation plan?
It is important that the performance evaluation plan create an environment in which the employee finds help to improve the execution of their activities and processes in order to obtain better results. This tool should never become an object of qualification or disqualification according to the results.
It is important to make use of meters, such as cost and quality, that allow quantifying performance.
- The qualities of the employee, his personality and behavior.
- Entrusted work, compliance and contribution to the objectives.
- Potential for development.
Factors that are evaluated for this:
- Understanding of assigned work.
- Quality of work done.
- Analytical and synthesis ability.
- Interrelation with other employees.
- Emotional stability and response to different situations.
To make the evaluation as simple and as tedious as possible, the key is to plan it properly, properly involving all participants, considering their training and the information they provide.
How to perform a performance evaluation
In order to implement the performance evaluation, first the administration must:
- Guarantee the existence of a working environment adequate, where there is respect and trust among all members of the organization.
- Encourage each worker to assume responsibilities and define their work goals.
- Deploy a democratic, consultative and participatory administrative style.
- Establish a future management project that involves continuous staff improvement.
- Generate expectations of innovation, development and personal and professional learning.
- Convert the evaluation of the performance of an arbitrary system and judgments into a diagnostic tool for growth opportunities.
Finally, it should be noted that when a performance evaluation process It has been planned, coordinated and developed properly, it generates benefits in the short, medium and long term, for all those involved, that is, for the common employee, the manager, the organization and even for the community.