Table of Contents
Costco Wholesale Corporation is one of the most recognized price club chains in the United States. It is characterized by the sale of products in large quantities, although it can also be purchased in small quantities. Within its category, Costco has been in second place since 2014, just after Walmart and surpassing the French chain Carrefour. If you want to start enjoying its good prices and discounts, review the requirements for a COSTCO USA membership that we present below.
Table of Content
- COSTCO USA Membership Facts
- Requirements for a COSTCO USA membership
- Requirements for a COSTCO USA membership: Prices
- Membership cards (data of interest)
- Does the membership expire?
- Benefits of COSTCO USA Membership
- What services can you use without a Costco membership?
COSTCO USA Membership Facts
- Membership is available to qualifying individuals 18 years of age or older.
- Costco may decline or terminate any membership at the company’s discretion.
- Membership is subject to company rules, privacy policies and practices and may be changed from time to time without notice.
- A valid photo ID will be required prior to enrollment as a member.
Requirements for a COSTCO USA membership
The first thing you should do is join Costco online. Go to your official Costco membership page, choose the card you want and complete the information requested in the form. Full name, identification number, address, mode of payment, employment records, among others.
Some of the requirements may vary depending on the type of card or membership you request.
Personal Account / Digital Membership COSTCO USA
After you join Costco, you must create a personal account. It’s a simple process that you can even complete through the Costco mobile app (available on the App Store or Play Store).
To register online, you will need your card number. If you have already joined, you can look for it in one of the stores closest to your home.
- Go to the online Costco membership site and log in
- Select the create account option
- Write the 12 digits of your membership card
- Enter your email
- Select a strong password
- End the registration operation
- In your e-mail you will receive the procedure to follow so that you can confirm your registration.
IMPORTANT: You will only be able to obtain the digital membership after completing the affiliation process.
COSTCO USA Membership Requirements: Pricing
- The Basic Membership: it costs $60 per year, it allows you to buy in the store and get discounts.
- Business Membership: Costs $60 per year. You can add other people who want to shop at the store, but they will need to pay $60 per person.
- Executive Membership: It has a cost of $120 per year, you get 2% reimbursement of your annual expenses. In addition, they allow you to buy to resell, you can add people for a price of $60 per year per person.
- Traditional Membership: costs $250 per year.
- Gold Membership: It is priced at $500 per year. With it you can buy household products at excellent prices.
- Executive Membership: It has a value of 1000 dollars per year. It allows you to get a 2% cashback on all purchases you make.
With any type of membership you will receive a card that you must use to make purchases at Costco stores, including those outside the United States. You can also make your purchases online.
Membership cards (data of interest)
- The membership fee is for a period of 12 months from the primary cardholder’s enrollment date.
- Your membership card is valid at any Costco store worldwide and is non-transferable.
- You will be asked to show your membership card when you enter Costco and when you make a payment at a checkout register.
- Lost or stolen cards should be reported at any Costco membership counter or by calling 1-800-774-2678.
- Primary and affiliate members receive a free family card for anyone over the age of 18 living at the same address. Family cardholders will be asked to provide proof that they live at the same address as the primary or affiliated member.
Does the membership expire?
Yes, the Costco membership expires if you stop using it for approximately one year. You are only an active member of the company if you use your card regularly.
To find out if your membership is valid, you must enter the Costco website and check your status. If it is not valid, you can reactivate it through the “membership renewal” option.
The card does not have a specific expiration date, if you use it frequently it will remain active. We recommend you check your status from time to time to avoid inconveniences.
COSTCO USA Membership Benefits
Having a Costco membership can bring you many benefits. You will be able to obtain exclusive company products through its web portal and buy gasoline at Costco pumps, for example. With your purchases you get coupons, offers and discounts on different products.
What services can you use without a Costco membership?
Although you must be a member to get great deals on most items sold at Costco, there are a few areas of the store you can access without a membership:
- The pharmacy. Because prescription drug sales cannot be limited through a club or membership, anyone can purchase prescription drugs at Costco. You can also take advantage of other health services, like flu shots or ear and eye exams. However, you will need a membership to buy products like glasses or hearing aids, for example.
- The Food Fair. Some fans were able to feast on Costco’s always affordable hot dogs, pizza and yogurt without a membership. We’re not sure if that’s still the case. According to some rumors this is no longer possible, as of March 16, 2020 an active membership card is essential to make purchases at the food fair.
- The liquor department. Depending on where you live, you may be able to purchase Costco alcohol, even if you’re not a member. In some states, it is illegal to require a membership to purchase alcohol. Therefore, you can make the most of Costco’s liquor prices. However, you should first research the laws governing the sale of alcohol in your state before visiting the warehouse: in some places, Costco can only sell beer and wine, while in other states the sale of any type of alcohol is prohibited at the store. retailer.
Now that you know the requirements for a COSTCO USA membership, you can decide whether or not to start enjoying its benefits. Good luck!