According to INEGI, international migratory movements are mostly carried out by men, although in recent years women have gradually increased their migration to other countries, and it is the same INEGI that admits that people go to other places looking for better living conditions that include changes in family, economic, cultural, social, political conditions, fleeing violence or insecurity, etc. For example, Mexicans go to the United States looking for a better economy, many of them achieve it and with what they earn there they seek to make an estate here, which is possible because they can buy a house in Mexico living and working in the United States.
How to buy a house in Mexico living in the United States or Canada?
It is done through Bancomer with an annual rate credit with fixed monthly payments through a bank (if the bank handles this product), in this case the bank studies your application and if you meet the requirements approves the credit.
- May be requested by Mexicans working in the United States or Canada.
- The immigration situation does not matter.
- Credit in national currency to buy a house in Mexico.
- Fixed annual rate of 11.10% in pesos.
- The credit can be settled early without penalties.
- Financing of up to 90% of the property.
- Life and disability insurance is charged.
- Property damage insurance is charged (covers household contents and civil liability).
- Average CAT 17.3% without VAT
- Be Mexican and have a passport, INE or consular registration.
- More than 25 years
- The credit must be paid before the customer turns 85.
- You must verify financial solvency with income obtained from a legal activity.
- You must have a good credit history in Mexico, the United States or Canada.
- Minimum one year seniority in current job.
- Reside for at least 6 months at the same address in the United States or Canada.
- Having a family member will be the representative in Mexico.
- The minimum cost of housing must be 180 thousand pesos.
- Copy of current official Mexican identification.
- Copy of birth or naturalization certificate for those who have dual nationality.
- If the applicant is married: copy of original marriage certificate if married in Mexico or apostilled original marriage certificate if married in Mexico or Canada.
- Copy of proof of address.
- Pay 175 US dollars, to BBVA Compass (Origination Fee).
- Have proof of income as applicable to the applicant:
Employees : 3-month copy of payroll stubs and copy of W2, copy of Tax Tax Transcript and W2.
Self-employed: 3-month copy of bank statements in the name of the owner and letter of work activity.
Business Owners: 3 month copy of business account statements and business / owner’s license / permit plus copy of Tax Transcript and business license / permit.
* These are the first documents, those requested by the bank will be attached to obtain the necessary information that may facilitate the contracting of credit.
- 2% commission for credit opening.
- $ 780 for research expenses.
- Appraisal of your home
- Between 5% and 9% of the value of the home for notary expenses (depending on the geographical area where the home you want is located).