Most pet owners love their dog or cat so much that their social media accounts are basically just photos of their animals doing something cute. If your furry friend got sick or injured, they would probably be devastated and go out of their way to make sure their pet gets better quickly, right? Here we will discuss GEICO pet insurance.
Pet insurance covers pet care costs so you don’t have to think about your bank account balance when making decisions about your animal’s health. This gives you peace of mind and helps significantly in case your pet suffers a medical emergency.
Therefore, we have decided to do this review on GEICO pet insurance, in which we will show you all the details you need to know.
Note: GEICO pet insurance is administered by Embrace Pet Insurance Company.
|Age restrictions||Minimum of 6 weeks, maximum of 15 years at the time of enrollment|
|Monthly premiums||As low as $ 15 per cat and $ 10 per dog|
|Deductible||Choice of deductible from $ 200 to $ 1,000.|
|Profit limit||$ 5,000 to unlimited annually|
- 1 In this review
- 2 Overview of GEICO pet insurance
- 3 Pros and Cons of GEICO Pet Insurance
- 4 What does GEICO pet insurance cover?
- 5 Other cool things we liked
- 6 How much does GEICO pet insurance cost?
- 7 Where is GEICO pet insurance available?
- 8 What is GEICO pet insurance customer service like?
- 9 In conclusion
GEICO pet insurance overview
One important thing to know about GEICO pet insurance is that it is actually managed through the Embrace Pet Insurance Agency, LLC.
Pros and cons of GEICO pet insurance
- Relatively cheap. The biggest benefit of GEICO pet insurance is its price. It is a relatively inexpensive policy compared to many other pet insurers on the market.
- There are many discounts available. GEICO offers multiple discount opportunities, such as when you insure more than one pet, when you have pets that have been spayed or neutered, when you pay for insurance in a lump sum, or if you are a member of the military, or when you enroll in online payment.
- Wellness coverage options. Not all pet insurance companies offer wellness coverage, so it’s a great benefit if you want coverage for things like spay and neuter, vaccinations, routine vet visits, dental cleaning, and preventive care.
- It is possible to receive coverage for alternative therapies. GEICO pet insurance may cover alternative therapies such as acupuncture, physical therapy, reiki, and chiropractor, some of which other pet insurance providers exclude.
- You must pay the vet’s expenses in advance. Although the process is relatively simple, it can take up to two weeks to receive a refund after submitting a claim. This can be a significant disadvantage, as depending on the size of the vet’s bill, not everyone will have enough money to pay it on the spot.
- Some waiting periods. There is a six-month waiting period if your pet has ligament or orthopedic problems. Since there are insurers that don’t have waiting periods, GEICO might not be the best option for you.
What does GEICO pet insurance cover?
GEICO / Embrace offers a lot of variety in their plans, which is advantageous if you want to have the option of paying a lower monthly amount with a higher deductible.
One thing to keep in mind, if you want to “go up” and get a better policy in the future, you will have to recertify, which means that any condition your pet has been treated for will be considered a pre-existing condition.
Therefore, our advice is that you get the best policy you can from the beginning.
|Annual limit options||$ 5,000, $ 8,000, $ 10,000, $ 15,000, and $ 30,000|
|Annual deductible||$ 200, $ 300, $ 500, $ 750, $ 1000|
|Refund||70%, 80%, 90%|
If you have a puppy, the higher amount of Wellness Rewards will work the better because that year has the highest expense with injections, tests, visits and more. Wellness Rewards work with a benefit program where Embrace / GEICO will pay up to a certain amount for certain vet visits. These are some of the wellness options that you can take advantage of.
- Exam fees
- Flea, Tick, and Heartworm Medications
- Fecal tests
- Spaying, neutering, and more
GEICO / Embrace has a maximum annual limit that is different from other companies, but their highest pick is $ 30,000, which pet owners cannot reach in a situation where the animal can be saved through care. vet.
GEICO / Embrace offers a variety of annual deductibles that are great for pet parents who want to spend less per incident, to those who prefer to pay more monthly. When you get a quote, manipulate the numbers in the widget to see what is best for you. They even tell you which is the most popular option to help you make your decision.
GEICO / Embrace does not cover pre-existing conditions unlike most pet insurance companies, so if you make a claim for something that is considered pre-existing, it will be denied. Fortunately, you can get a Medical History Review right when you sign up (see below for more details), and GEICO / Embrace also differentiates between curable and incurable conditions. If your pet remains symptom-free for 12 months after diagnosis, their coverage will be re-evaluated.
GEICO / Embrace has waiting periods like all other pet insurance companies. The reason is that people don’t wait for their pet to get sick to buy insurance. After all, you can’t get auto insurance after you’ve been in an accident. In the case of GEICO / Embrace, the waiting period is 48 hours for accidents, 14 days for illnesses, and 6 months for orthopedic conditions.
Mandatory visit to the vet
If your pet has not been seen in the last 12 months, you will need to visit the vet within the first 14 days of signing your policy, or you could violate the terms and conditions of your policy.
Other cool things we liked
GEICO / Embrace offers a free medical history review after purchasing your policy. In this case, they will review veterinary records and determine if they believe your pet has any pre-existing conditions. If you don’t like what you see and you no longer think it makes sense to have that specific policy, you can cancel it within 30 days for a full refund.
Healthy Pets Deductible
GEICO / Embrace offers a healthy pet deductible for pet parents who do not file a claim. Every year that you don’t file a claim, your deductible will be lowered (decreased) by $ 50. For example, if you have a $ 200 deductible and don’t file a claim for the first year, your deductible will then be $ 150, which means you only have to pay $ 150 toward your deductible if you file a claim. And once you file a claim, the deductible will reset.
The pet insurance industry is evolving, and stacking discounts is one way to build on this progress. These days, you can receive discounts on many things with GEICO / Embrace, and you can even stack some of these. Some discounts include:
- Military discount
- For multiple pets
- For employees
- ACH Discount
- Annual pay discount
- In spay / neuter
How much does GEICO pet insurance cost?
The cost of your plan will depend on a number of different factors, including things like the amount of coverage, the deductible you choose, the type and breed of your pet, and the area where you live.
In this vein, the monthly premiums vary but can increase considerably depending on the age of your furry companion. Plus, you’ll also pay more for wellness coverage, which doesn’t have a copayment or waiting period.
Where is GEICO pet insurance available?
The insurance pet GEICO is available in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
What is GEICO pet insurance customer service like?
You can contact GEICO customer service by phone at 1-800-793-2003. Hours are 8:30 am to 8:00 pm ET Monday through Friday, and 9:00 am to 1:00 pm ET on Saturday.
Ultimately, GEICO offers a relatively good option for pet insurance, if you want it is an affordable plan with the option of having routine care covered. However, depending on your pet, it may not cover all of your healthcare needs, so do your research carefully before making your final decision.