What are the banks that open accounts without social security?

If you are undocumented, don’t worry, here are some options that could help you

If you need a bank account but you don’t have a social security number, don’t worry, because your desire to grow financially in the United States can come true.

In these moments in which we all must take care of our financial status, develop credit history, save and keep money safe, Latinos looking to open an account can approach banks that allow it.

If you are undocumented, don’t worry, here are several banks that accept the Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN, for its acronym in English) and the municipal identification (IDNYC, Chicago City Key or LA City ID )

  1. Amalgamated Bank. It has branches in New York, San Francisco and Washington DC You must present the municipal identification card such as the IDNYC and ITIN. The identification card must have your photograph and residential address. If you do not have an ITIN you must present your valid passport or visa. In this bank you can open a savings or checking account.
  2. PNC Bank. It is necessary to have an ITIN number to create a savings or checking account. This bank is located in 19 states of the United States such as: New York, New Jersey, Florida, Illinois and Pennsylvania. With PNC Bank you can open a Standard Savings account with an initial deposit of $25.
  3. US Alliance Financial. In this bank you can apply to open an account with ITIN, municipal identification, permanent resident card or with a valid visa or passport with photo. In addition, you will need electricity, water or telephone bills that are in your name to prove your residential address. The minimum deposit to open a checking or savings account is $1.