To cool off in summer few things are as delicious as a good ice cream. How about seizing the opportunity to undertake? Setting up a successful ice cream shop can give you good profits and a more comfortable life.
Tips for Start an ice cream shop
Before undertaking, it is essential to know some particularities of the market to increase the chances of success.
- Choice of segment: To start, you have several possibilities. You can invest in gourmet , healthy or artisanal ice cream , for example. It is also advisable to offer other products, such as milkshakes, coffees and sweets. Try to find your own feature for your ice cream shop, so as to offer something new to consumers. Invest in the quality of ice cream and attention, thus increasing the chances of success of your venture.
- Buy ice cream: You must define if you will make the ice cream in the ice cream shop or if you are going to buy it from suppliers. Defining this is essential to plan the space, investments and staff of the ice cream shop.
- Location: Establishing a good ice cream store location is crucial to attract customers. You should consider the characteristics of the people who circulate in the region where you intend to install the business. Analyze age, purchasing power and consumption habits. Ideally, choose a place where there is a large movement of people, such as restaurants, schools and shopping centers. You can also open the ice cream shop in the food court of a shopping center.
- Structure and equipment.: For the success of your ice cream shop you must make a budget for the entire structure and equipment of the establishment. That list includes freezers, plastic containers, blender for milk shake, scales and kitchen utensils. If you are going to make the ice cream, you will also need a semi-industrial kitchen, industrial blenders and blenders. It also includes tables, chairs and an attention counter, in addition to all the decoration of the ice cream shop, with which you must create a pleasant atmosphere, even if the space is small. You can also add ice cream vending machines.
- Team.: The number of employees will depend on the type of ice cream shop. The smallest can have two employees, one for the cashier and one to serve the customers. If you choose to make the ice cream, you will need more staff. In addition to a nutritionist, you must hire operators for production and an expert for manufacturing. Invest in employee training.
- Business plan: After defining all the preceding points, it is time to put everything on paper to prepare the business plan, a document that must contain all the details of what your company will be to analyze if the project is viable.
If you have any questions, suggestions or advice on the matter, be sure to comment below. And also take the opportunity to share this content with your friends, colleagues and collaborators, through social networks.