Leisure is the time spent on recreational activities that are not related to work obligations or housework.
Leisure is made up of all those activities that an individual has chosen voluntarily, and that he can distribute at will. There is no stipulated time to enjoy them, but it will depend on the temporary space you have after finishing your work, and home-related tasks.
In addition, the tasks can be chosen by oneself as they will depend on the tastes and hobbies that one has. For example, reading, going to the movies, dancing, cooking courses, sports activities, spending time collaborating in solidarity activities.
Each person decides what they want to develop in that time dedicated to recreational activities, and that allows a time of enjoyment and tranquillity while disconnecting all those activities that take place during the day.
It is also an important part of the economy. Since many businesses are dedicated precisely to meet this need to individuals.
Why is leisure important?
These are the highlights:
- It is a recreational time where everyone has the freedom to organize activities according to their own will, and enjoy what they are most passionate about.
- It reduces stress. This problem can be increased many times by work and the excessive burden of mandatory activities of each day. Having leisure time allows you to practice a hobby, reduce pressure and stress, and be more relaxed.
- Traveling is one of the options most often chosen by anyone who wishes to take advantage of their leisure time to the fullest. This allows a broad human and cultural development since other cultures and life forms are known.
- The immune system is affected in a positive way. Being able to be active in developing satisfactory activities, allows defences to increase, and improve the quality of life.
- Renew your mood, and improve sleep. Taking advantage of this time and doing recreational activities allows you to sleep better, and relax much better.
- New learning possibilities are opened, since activities that have not been developed before, and that end up being of interest to the person who executes them, can be put into practice.
- Socialization is improved. Sharing these activities as a group, staying with friends, playing sports as a team can broaden the circle of friendships, and strengthen social relationships.
- It allows the possibility of knowing ourselves, of taking time to value what we like, to take into account what we want to implement and that is far from constant obligations.
- Take good advantage of the weather Leisure will help us to be more efficient professionally and personally.
On the other hand, we must bear in mind that when you take advantage of leisure in a positive way it can offer many healthy benefits for life, but if it is used in addictive actions, or poorly healthy activities, it will not be an enriching activity as it is intended that be to balance work and personal life.
It is best to leave time for oneself, investigate what one likes, and establish activities that comfort and help improve the spirit and the person.