We explain what a school regulation is, its importance in institutions, main characteristics and various examples.
What is a school regulation?
A school regulation Is the set of rules, instructions and prohibitions that regulate life within an institution educational, especially those aimed at children or young people. Like everything regulation, its fundamental objective is to regulate the coexistence of people and guarantee peace, through a code of conduct adapted to the environment.
School regulations, as the name implies, have their area of action in a school institution, that is, a college, high school, university or educational institute of any nature. Therefore, its rules are valid only within its facilities: in classrooms, hallways, common areas and other similar locations.
All school regulations it is sustained based on school discipline. It is also very important for the correct and peaceful operation of the school institution. Provides teachers, administrative staff and students with a common framework of guidelines, that is, a set of laws, according to which they govern themselves during their stay in the institution.
This does not mean that while in school the laws of the Republic are suspended, nor can they be contradicted since any school regulation has a legitimacy inferior to those of the laws established in the National Constitution.
Characteristics of a regulation
Regulations, in general, are characterized by:
- Be written, complete and explicit normative codes, which establishes behavioral guidelines that must be followed by the members of a community or those who enter a specific location.
- Have a specific area of influence or action, generally restricted to a delimited location or a specific area.
- Consist of parts or sections, which establish: basic principles, explicit rules, recognized authorities and mechanisms to resolve problems, as well as possible punishments and consequences for those who break the rules.
- To be subject to the laws of the nation, that is, at no time can go against the law.
Examples of school regulations
The following are real examples of school regulations:
Five basic rules cover nearly every area of behavior appropriate for students.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Respectfully follow the directions of all adults.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Use all equipment and facilities safely and responsibly.
- Stay in assigned areas.