Table of Contents
The sponsor takes care of sponsor a specific activity, project, or event with the objective also to give visibility to your brand.
The sponsor is a sponsor, and as such collaborates in the implementation of a project contributing and contributing money, material goods, food, a place where development, promotion, or any type of collaboration previously agreed with the person responsible for the event, or draft.
A sponsor aims to participate in this type of action, publicize its brand, expand the number of customers and strengthen its presence.
Types of sponsor
These are the main ones:
- Monetary sponsor In this case, the brand contributes an amount to the event, or project to be carried out, or distributed in the best way based on your needs. It is the most common way to collaborate in this type of actions, especially if the big brands do it.
- Material Collaboration The sponsor reserves its right to participate by providing materials, or places to carry it out. For example: the shirts for a football team in a charity match.
- Media Sponsorship This time they are about the sponsorship of a media outlet, which has access to privileged information, and offers every detail of the event. This type of collaboration is characteristic of large events, or presentations of large-scale projects.
- Nominative Sponsorship This type of collaboration is very proper when it comes to sporting events. The brand gives an amount so that its name is the one that prays the stadium, or the event. In this way for years everyone will know that place by the name of that brand.
Phases to get sponsor
The following must be taken into account:
- You have to assess the type of event, and to what audience it is aimed. This is necessary to know if it interests, or not since one of the objectives is to publicize the brand itself. For example, if the company is of physiotherapy, a sporting event will be interesting, but if it is a gastronomic action it may not make much sense. Therefore, we must assess the type of audience that will attend.
- It will be necessary to know what the creator of the event, event or project needs and if it is in the hands of that company to be able to collaborate in some way, and reach agreements for it.
- Solidarity events are a way to offer support, and also build a good brand image so it is advisable if you want to sponsor such an action, value them.
- The objectives of sponsorship must also be clear from the beginning. What do you intend to achieve with this option? Notoriety? Customers? Visibility? Presentation of a brand to a booming local society? A series of questions must be asked and answered to participate as a sponsor and achieve the proposed objectives.
What is the difference between sponsor and patron?
Sometimes they can get confused. These are the most prominent differences:
- The patron does not intend to achieve commercial benefits immediately, or directly. It is usually a person, or entity with great purchasing or social power, who is in charge of helping artists to get their projects out.
- The sponsor participates in events, or projects, but if it intends to make its brand more visible, or there is a favorable economic impact in the form of increased clients, or profits through recognition and participation.