Table of Contents
What are your Weaknesses
The question about “examples of weaknesses” for a job interview it has become a necessary toll. The interviewers continue to throw it at the candidates, although they take into account that, in many cases, it will not lead them to find out the weaknesses of those in front of them. But there is a reason.
The reason that this question is always on the list of questions is that the way in which the candidate answers a question about their weaknesses can reveal features of their personality that the company needs to know and value.
The advantage of this line of questions is that they lead the candidate to focus on finding a way to answer, so he can lose control of his emotions, which will become evident in the form of nonverbal communication signals or in his own speech.
And most people, looking for examples of weaknesses for a job interview, do not point in the right direction. Do you know what mistakes are usually made?
Errors to avoid when asked about examples of weaknesses for a job interview
Being too sincere, trying to turn the question around or refusing to answer it are the three Worst mistakes the candidate can make when he shows examples of weaknesses in a job interview:
- Reveal a weakness that raises red flags. Being too sincere and confessing a weakness that would hinder the ability to play the vacant role can be a serious problem. An example is to confess that you are usually late for work.
- Try to turn defects into virtues. The question of examples of weaknesses for a job interview should be answered with weaknesses, not with camouflaged strengths. The interviewer does not want to hear a virtue, such as that the candidate is too perfectionist or that he cares too much about his work. In fact, not to mention any weakness can make you think something is being hidden and confirm that the questions are not answered honestly.
- Refuse to answer the question. Some candidates excuse themselves by saying that they find it difficult to find a particularly relevant one. This response may also cause the interviewer to see the candidate as less reliable., think you have gone blank for not knowing how to manage your nerves or think you have not prepared properly for the test.
How to Answer What are your Weaknesses
A good answer to this type of question should be structured around two main axes:
- The weak point. It is convenient to choose one that is not a major disadvantage at work. You have to choose a real weakness and not expand on the description.
- How you are working to overcome it. It is confirmed that weakness is known and that The candidate proactively strives to overcome it. This shows that you have emotional intelligence skills and motivation to strive to build a better version of yourself.
Among the examples of weaknesses for a job interview you can talk about nerves when speaking in public or difficulty delegating. The important thing is to share a weak point sincerely, but choosing the one that It is acceptable for the job in question, taking into account your requirements. You should never opt for a weakness related to any of the skills required or qualities desired for the position. In addition to being an overcome problem, It is worth demonstrating that, through effort and motivation, we try to become a strong. This allows the interviewer to see that the candidate is looking for ways to learn and grow.
What are your Weaknesses Answers
The most important thing when it comes to talking about your flaws during a job interview is that you say what you say, try to turn them into something positive or an area of opportunity , that is, if you are disorganized, you can say that thanks to that you have learned to create work schedules to achieve order in each of your projects.
No matter what defects you have, anyone can be turned into a positive element that distinguishes you from others.
What you should NOT do is say that you have no defects, because there is not a single person who does not have, if you do, they will discard you from the list.
Therefore, we will give you a list of defects to say in a job interview.
To combat my disorganization, I have put on dynamics that help me to write down the tasks that I have to do, so I have improved a lot on this subject, I am open to employ new measures to be more efficient.
I used to delay delivery, but I have worked on it and now I have a more rigorous schedule to detail the delivery dates.
Sometimes, when I get too excited about a project, I assume a workload that I cannot handle, so I have implemented organizational techniques so that this does not happen or hinder my performance.
Public speaking has always been a weak point for me, that is why I have entered a course for speakers, I know that I will master a stage very soon.
Sometimes I accelerate and I need to be told about the projects that are coming to devise them in my mind in advance, but I am working on leveling it up to become a competitive person, rather than impatient.
As you can see, all the defects in the previous sentences have been taken to the positive side. That is just what you should achieve during a job interview to show honesty, self-knowledge and, above all, the desire to improve and improve yourself.
Tips to talk about strengths and weaknesses during job interview
When the special question comes to mention 3 qualities and 3 defects during the job interview, it is important that you answer the body and verbal level in the best way. To achieve this, we give you the best tips on how you should react during this question.
- Security Stay seated in a position that is comfortable for you, this will give you a feeling of tranquility that will allow you to act naturally.
- Eye contact It is important that you do not avoid eye contact with the recruiter, even if you think this will give you nervousness, on the contrary, it will give you all the security you need to talk calmly about yourself.
- Maintain a firm posture An interviewee who constantly moves from his seat only shows nervousness and insecurity, sit in a comfortable position and do not allow your leg to tremble, do not bring your hands towards your face, much less bite your nails. Take possession of your body, this way your mind will be much more relaxed and can respond as necessary.