Table of Contents
Beet juice helps us keep the body healthy and with good physical performance, it is even better than any energy drink. Beetroot (Beta vulgaris) is a root vegetable also known as red beet, table beet, garden beet, or just beet. Packed with essential nutrients, beetroots are a great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. Beet is a food with a very important nutritional richness, which brings benefits for general health. So, do you know the benefits of beets?
Impressive Health Bit Fruit Benefits
- Lower high blood pressure: Consumption of beet juice helps reduce high blood pressure levels. This is due to its naturally occurring nitrates, which when they reach the body become nitric oxide, which contributes to the relaxation and dilation of blood vessels, which improves circulation and contributes to the control of blood pressure.
- Improve physical performance: The nitric oxide present in beets is a compound that helps reduce the impact of exercise on the body, improving resistance to high-intensity exercises.
- Fight inflammation: Beet contains Betaine, a nutrient that provides an anti-inflammatory power that protects internal organs, as well as improving vascular risk factors and preventing different chronic diseases.
- Detoxifies the body: This vegetable contains pigments known as Betalín, which support the detoxification process. These nutrients and antioxidants, are able to combat the action of free and essential radicals, to purify vital organs such as the liver, lungs and blood.
- They are a source of minerals and fibre: Take a beet juice a day, provides the vitamin, fibre and minerals. A glass contains:
- Potassium: essential for nerve health, muscle function and a healthy heart.
- Manganese: which is essential for the bones, liver, kidneys and pancreas.
- Vitamin B folate: which helps reduce the risk of birth defects.
- It has anticancer properties: Several investigations have been done, which have yielded positive results in the consumption of beets for cancer prevention. According to these studies, those responsible for this benefit could be phytonutrients, which are the ones that give beets the red colour. This extract present in beets reduces tumour formation when administered with drinking water.
- Packed with essential nutrients, beetroots are a great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. Beetroots and beetroot juice have been associated with numerous health benefits, including improved blood flow, lower blood pressure, and increased exercise performance.
How does Beet work?
Beets contain chemicals that might reduce swelling and cholesterol. Also, beet can increase levels of a chemical called nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide can affect blood vessels, possibly reducing blood pressure and making it easier to exercise.
Beetroot Benefits for Men
Beet juice helps the body produce nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is often used to open up the blood vessels and is sold as a dietary supplement for ED. Nitric oxide helps keep the pressure in the corpus cavernosum necessary to keep an erection.
Beetroot Benefits for Skin
Beetroot juice acts a great blood purifier, which is key in keeping your skin glowing and healthy. Beetroots are also rich in Vitamin C which helps in clearing blemishes and evens out your skin tone while giving it a natural glow. Beetroots are a unique source of betalains – a type of phytonutrient.
Beetroot Benefits for Hair
Beetroot helps to reduce dandruff and add shine to the hair. Daily applying beetroot juice to the hair helps to prevent hair loss. The nutrients present in the beetroot are protein, vitamin A and calcium which helps to ensure healthy growth of the hair.
Beetroot juice side effects
- Might Cause Beeturia
- May Increase Kidney Stone Risk
- May Cause Anaphylaxis
- May Cause Colored Stools
- May Cause A Stomach Upset
- May Cause Problems During Pregnancy
- Might Harm The Liver
How long does it take for beetroot juice to work?
Blood concentration occurs within 2 to 3 hours after beetroot juice consumption. Optimal ergogenic effects have been observed after 2.5 hours of consuming juice.
When to drink beetroot juice
Beetroot juice early morning or one hour before your breakfast. Drink a 200 ml glass of beetroot juice every day to reap all its benefits. But drink it fresh else the nutritional value of the juice diminishes.
Beetroot juice benefits for skin
Beetroot juice acts a great blood purifier, which is key in keeping your skin glowing and healthy. Beetroots are also rich in Vitamin C which helps in clearing blemishes and evens out your skin tone while giving it a natural glow.
If you want to start enjoying the incredible benefits that beet offers you, then take a look at the following list of products:
1. Beet root powder
This product has 100 capsules of 500mg. It contains natural sugars and starches, which makes it a source of energy for the body.
Consuming one capsule a day provides energy and nutrients that the body needs to function properly. You can combine them with any of the meals, always keeping in mind that you should eat healthy.
2. Organic beet juice powder
Organic beet juice powder as an accompaniment or nutritional supplement. This product is rich in Bataína, which helps deflate the joints.
The 75% of users who have purchased this product have awarded a 5-star rating because of its many benefits. You can do it as a meringue, sprinkle on the salad or cereal, make ice cream or just eat a spoonful alone.
3. 100% pure beet root powder
This product increases nitric oxide in the body, which translates into better sports performance. It is clinically formulated to provide energy to the body, and the container contains 238.2 gr.
The quality of this product is recommended for people allergic to gluten. It does not contain sweeteners or chemicals, so it is a natural product that provides the same vitamins and minerals that your body needs.